A Revolution in Mobile Positioning
Company Time line
- 2009 The GloPos company is founded to bring this revolutionary positioning technology to the mobile consumer marketplace.
- 2010 GloPos makes its first successful independently monitored positioning test and achieves an indooraccuracy of less than 10meters.
- 2011 GloPos continues refining and developing its solution to achieve global scalability. GloPos completes a successful management buy-out at the end of 2011.
- 2012 Glopos develops its positioning technology for 3G environments.GloPos is awarded US patents for its technology in October of 2012.
- 2013 GloPos is awarded EU patents for its positioning technology in January. GloPos achieves break through results with 3G positioning test using crowd sourced data.
- 2014 GloPos achieves sub-10m accuracy for 2G and 3G, adding 4G and WiFi (sub-3m) positioning as well as offline positioning and 3D capability. GloPos uses its accurate WiFi positioning first time as the ground truth in crowd sourced indoor mapping.
- 2015 GloPos demonstrates live sub-2m accuracy BLE parking garage solution. GloPos developes high accuracy solution based on Earth’s magnetic field.
- 2016 GloPos successfully tests its unique AI-based A-SLAM technology for automatic mapping (Autonomous Simultaneous Localization And Mapping)
Co-founder and CEO
Mikael Vainio brings to GloPos more than a decade of executive experience with Nokia and Ericsson. Before joining GloPos he served in Ericsson Middle East HQ as Vice President .
Strategy, Marketing and Communications. Prior to that he was Nokia’s Business Director for Multimedia in Central Europe and a member of the Multimedia European Management.
Alexander Le Bell
Alexander Le Bell is passionate about disruptive mobile products and internet technologies. He has held international executive positions with leading mobile and technology companies as well as start-ups. During the last 10 years in high-tech business he has a managed a multitude of product and business launches including new technologies, smart phones, global applications and mobile games.
GloPos makes it possible to track devices outside and inside buildings with high accuracy, anywhere in the coverage area of any cellular network.
Low Energy Consumption
GloPos patented low-energy positioning system.
Outdoors. Indoors. Underground.
No additional hardware is needed to locate accurately outdoors, indoors or even underground.
GloPs patented positioning technology calculates the positioning of any mobile device